Sport Berkey® Portable Water Bottle:
The 22 oz. portable Sport Berkey® Bottle is durable, handy and convenient; ideal for use when on the go such as driving, camping, exercise, backpacking, travel, and during unexpected emergencies.
The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier is the ideal personal protection traveling companion – featuring the IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION SYSTEM. The theory behind this innovation is simple.
The bottle’s filter is designed to remove and/or dramatically reduce a vast array of health-threatening contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote lakes and streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations may be sub-standard at best.
- The Sport Berkey® water filter bottle can be used with treated tap water as well as water from roofs, tanks, lakes, dams, streams, stagnant ponds and even third world water supplies.
- The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier Eliminates or Reduces up to 99.9% of:
- Unpleasant taste and odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment, and chlorine.
- * Toxic chemicals: Trihalomethanes, VOCs, detergents, pesticides, etc.
- * Harmful microscopic pathogens: Cryptosporidium, Giardia, E-coli >99.99999% and other pathogenic bacteria.
- * Heavy metals: Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Lead, and Mercury.
- * Radiologicals: Radon 222
- Bottle is constructed from a non-leaching, LDPE #4 medical grade polymer, which is BPA Free/Constructed of a lightweight BPA-FREE low-density polyethylene plastic
- Uses the same filtration medium as the larger Black Berkey® Purification Element.
- The Sport Berkey® Bottle has a storage shelf life of 50 years.
- Comes complete with one mini Black Berkey purification element
- Do not allow Sport Berkey® Bottle to freeze, do not place in microwave oven and do not run hot water through the filter.
- Sport Berkey® Bottle Refill Capacity:
-Raw and Untreated Water: ~160 refills.
-Municipal Tap Water: ~640 refills.
- To Use: Just fill, squeeze and drink clean refreshing water.
- Filter Capacity: change about every 6 months or as follows:
- 160 refills/about 95 liters for use with heavily contaminated water.
- 640 refills/about 378 liters for consistent removal of microbiological contaminants.
- 1,600 refills/about 946 liters for removal of chlorine, unpleasant taste and odors.
- Will not leach unpleasant tasting plasticizers
- Will not retain unpleasant tastes and odours from waterborne contaminants
- Does NOT require electricity or water pressure
- NOT to be used with salt water
Care and Use
Fill the Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier with water, screw on cap and tighten securely to eliminate leaks. Flush water through the filter by pulling down lever, so that straw is exposed, and squeeze water through filter & out the straw. Repeat this flushing process twice before drinking. This removes excess process dust from the filter. After 2 flushes, rinse the bottle & cap. Your filter bottle is now ready for use. NOTE: Do not store filled bottle on its side or upside down as air release valve in the cap can leak water. Enjoy!
Maintenance and Storage
The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier has a shelf life of 50 years. When the filter system will not be used for an extended period, flush the unit with a chlorinated solution of 1/4 tsp. per one-half gallon of water. Allow drying thoroughly with the cap removed. Re-assemble and stow. Do not allow the filter to freeze, do not place in microwave oven and do not run hot water through the filter.
The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier Utilizes: IONIC ADSORPTION MICRO FILTRATION
This advanced technology was developed, refined, and proven through diligent, investigative research and testing performed by water purification specialists, researchers, and engineers. The media within the filter element removes contaminants by a surface phenomenon known as “adsorption” which results from the molecular attraction of substances to the surface of the media. As the bottle is pressed, the source water is forced through the filter. The quality and volume of media used, determine the rate of adsorption. The flow rate or time of exposure through the filter has been calculated to yield the greatest volume removal of toxic chemicals caused by pollution from industry and agriculture. This exclusive filter element is impregnated with proprietary “absorbing” media that promotes IONIC “absorption” of pollutants within the micro-porous element, such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals.
The “Tortuous Path” structure of these pores gives it its unique characteristics. The Sport Berkey® Portable Water Purifier offers a convenient and portable filtration system using medical grade technology.
Note: If using a source of water that might contain extreme bacteriological or viral contamination, it is recommended that two drops of plain chlorinated bleach or iodine be added to each refill before filtering. This will kill minute pathogens such as viruses. The disinfectant will then be filtered from the water entirely removing its dour, color, and taste.
NOTE: Do not store the filled bottle on its side or upside down as air release valve in the cap can leak water.