Imperial Berkey® Sale Bundle With 2 Black Elements And 2 Fluoride Filters
Imperial Berkey™ Water Filter
Holding Capacity : 4.5 Gallons (17 L)
Material: 304 Stainless Steel
Finish: High Polish Stainless Steel
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Imperial Berkey® System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 or 6 elements.
- The versatile Imperial Berkey® System is the ideal system for use with mid to large-sized families, small groups and during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed with highly polished AISI stainless steel
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 17″ in height
- Storage capacity of about 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
- Maximum Filters: 6 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable to 4 or 6), 1 stainless steel lid, 2 washers, 2 wingnuts, 4 blocking plugs, 1 priming button,1 spigot, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 26″
- Diameter: 10″
- Weight: 10 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 4-8 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 200-400 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 11 gallons (41.6 liters) of purified water per hour
- Configured with 6 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Imperial Berkey® System can produce up to 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) of purified water per hour
- Up to 6 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
Up until the introduction of the Imperial Berkey water filter model, Berkey had focused on water filters designed to meet the needs of mainly families and small groups. Through multiple years of consumer feedback, we recognized the growing need for a water filter that could meet the needs of larger groups like churches, schools and orphanages. These unique customers had been purchasing multiple units like the Royal Berkey in order to meet the production output that was necessary to supply water to such large numbers of people. These smaller water filter systems posed several problems that made them less than ideal for their unique needs.
Our first concern was that the upper container was not tall enough to produce the water pressure needed to push large enough amounts of water through the Black Berkey purification elements. Each foot of height produces approximately 0.5 pounds of water pressure that is used to push the water down through the filters. So the first design feature we implemented was to make the upper container of the Imperial Berkey taller. The second problem was the number of filters the unit could hold. Each purification element needs to have a certain amount of space around it in order to function properly.
The diameter of the smaller units was not large enough to accommodate more than four filters, so we increased the diameter of the lower storage container on the new Imperial Berkey water filter to accommodate up to six filter elements. The addition of the extra purification elements increased the water flow capacity to sixteen gallons per hour when the Imperial was full. Third was the water holding capacity of the lower container. So we increased the size of the lower container enough to hold ample water to meet the demands during these peak periods for large groups.
|Filtered Water Capacity||4.5 Gallons (17 L)|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 10 x 27 inches|
|Product Dimensions (Nested)||10 x 10 x 19 inches|
|Weight Empty||10 lbs|
(Lower Chamber Full)
|Material||High polish 304 stainless steel|
|Spigot (Included) Material||BPA free, FDA approved, high impact polypropylene|
|Availability||Nation Wide – All Over Canada!|
(Gallons Per Hour)
|Up to 5.5 GPH with 2 Black Berkey™ Filters (standard configuration)
Up to 11 GPH with 4 Black Berkey™ Filters
Up to 16.5 GPH with 4 Black Berkey™ Filters
|Contaminants Removed||203 contaminants are removed including, but not limited to; viruses (99.999%), pathogenic bacteria (99.9999%), Chloramine (below lab detectable limit), trihalomethanes (99.8%), pharmaceuticals (99.9%), pesticides (below lab detectable limit),heavy metals ( See full list of removed contaminants here)|
|Product Dimensions||2.25 x 2.25 x 9.75 inches|
|Composition||Carbon composite containing high-grade coconut shell carbon combined with a proprietary blend of 5 other types of media.|
|Certifications||The Black Berkey™ purification element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 531|
|Lifespan||3,000 gallons per filter. (6,000 gallons per set of 2)