Big Berkey Earth:
- Accommodates: 1-4 people
- Storage capacity: 2.25 gallons (8.5 Liters)
- Height when in use: 48.9 cm/19.25 inches
- Diameter: 21.6 cm/8.5 inches
- Constructed of Highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel material
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- There is no need for priming. Once you install the Berkey Earth, it is good to go.
- System Includes: 2 Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters (expandable up to 4), Upper and Lower stainless steel chambers, 1 spigot, 2 blocking plugs, 1 stainless steel lid, 2 wing nuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
- The Big Berkey Earth is gravity based and doesn’t rely on any electricity or water pressure sources
- Compact Height for travel purposes (upper chamber nests in lower): 33 cm
- Please do not use with salt water
- Each Black Berkey filter has a filtration life of 22,000 liters
- Save money with Berkey! Instead of buying water bottles which would cost over $7,500 (44,000 – 500 ML bottles)
- The Big Berkey Earth can support: 4 Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters (in upper chamber)
- Black Berkey elements are self-sterilizing and re-cleanable which makes them cost-effective
- Made from and utilizes the latest engineering and designed technological advances which is backed by scientific research.
- NOTE: Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level declines.
Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Flow Rate: Configured with two 9″ Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters (Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements), the Big Berkey Earth® System will filter up to 12 to 15 gallons (45 to 56 liters) of water per day
- Up to 4 PF-4 Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired, making the Berkey even more powerful.
Filters as follows:
- Removes Chlorine, Chloramines, Heavy Metals, Pharmaceuticals and more which cause harm to the human body
- Removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
- Removes viruses MS2 and FR Coliphage by 99.99999%
- Removes disease-causing bacteria including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- Reduces bad taste & odors which are cause by bad water sources
- Extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- Reduces heavy metals such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, and mercury by up to 96%
- Removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites by 99.99999%,
- Removes Fluoride and Arsenic with the addition of PF-2 fluoride and arsenic reduction elements.
The Big Berkey Earth was developed for consumers who want to buy a Berkey but have found the normal Berkey’s which have the black berkey filters expensive. That is why we have developed the Royal Berkey Earth which is a more consumer priced filter system!
After 3 years of design and testing to develop the Berkey Earth water filter we consider them to be the best ceramic filters on the market today. The Big Berkey Earth offers high-quality filtration at a lower price, there’s no need to purchase lower costing Berkey knock-off brands any longer. Save money and buy your Royal Berkey Earth now!
The Big Berkey Earth® stainless steel water filtration unit offered by Berkey Water Filter Canada is an incredible filter system for home, outside, travel, emergency, debacle or other crisis use. It is appropriate for little to medium-sized gatherings or families. Berkey filter systems are among the most grounded and most down to earth water filtration and sanitization filtration system as of now. They are more cost effective than other filters out in the market. This effective filtration system purges and removes both treated water and untreated crude water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stale lakes and water supplies in outside nations, where controls might be substandard, best case scenario. Ideal for home and open air exercises and an absolute necessity in antagonistic situations where power, water weight or treated water may not be accessible.
The Big Berkey Earth is the ideal water filter for all outside activities and is definitely a must in inhospitable environments where electricity or clean drinking water may not be at hand such as in 3rd world countries.